|Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup Mar 6th 2016, 11:00, by Lori Lange
Another soup recipe to enjoy in chilly weather: Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup
This recipe is so simple, you can have it completely done and ready to eat in about 25 minutes. It has a little bit of a tomato base, plenty of Italian sausage and vegetables, and my favorite… garbanzo beans!
This is the perfect soup choice to make for weekday lunches. Add a side salad, and you’re good to go!
Yield: 6 servings (2 cups each)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Italian Sausage and Vegetable Soup
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- One 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14.5 ounce can beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large soup pot, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Drain off any accumulated fat (I like to dab with paper towels to soak up as much fat as possible).
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the carrot and zucchini are tender.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use brands of chickpeas and beef broth that are known to be GF.
- Nutritional information per serving (serving size 2 cups): calories: 257, fat: 12g, sat fat: 4g, cholesterol: 40mg, sodium: 1159mg, potassium: 433.5mg, carbohydrates: 24.2g, fiber: 5.2g, sugar: 3.4g, protein: 14.1g
- Weight Watchers Points: SmartPoints: 4, PointsPlus: 7, Old Program: 5
Here are a few more vegetable soup recipes you might enjoy: